Wednesday, April 8, 2015

FESTIVAL BOUND

EXPRESS 2 Inch High Waisted Destroyed denim shorts

For me, dressing up has always been a big reason why I love festival season so much. Though most of the time, cute and fun is what I aim for when I style my festival looks, as of lately, practicality and wearability also started to gain momentum. So, say studded fringed leather pants sound good in theory yet in reality, stretchy leather and blazing desert heat don't mix very well ( and yes, I did actually make this mistake ). And so, through a long process of trial and error, I've come up with a few festival favorites sure to keep you looking cute yet comfy no matter how hot the weather gets!

DENIM SHORTS: Always cute, always comfy, denim shorts look good with just about anything from bikini tops to flowy blouses. The high waisted pair from EXPRESS I am wearing in today's  post is a current favorite. First, I've always been obsessed with destroyed denim and this pair has just the right amount of distressing and second, I am really loving the high-waisted shorts cropped top look at the moment, and these just happen to look absolutely phenomenal with all of my crop tops.



FLOWY BLOUSE: A cute flowy top keeps you nice and cool in the desert heat! The cold shoulder top from Express I am wearing today is yet another favorite because well, I am more than a bit partial to shoulder cut-outs and secondly because it's so lighwaight it feels like you're wearing nothing at all.

EXPRESS cold shoulder blouse

ISABEL MARANT Aleen Ankle boots, ISABEL MARANT studded boots



DYLANLEX bracelets, DYLANLEX rings, DYLANLEX jewelry

BOYY Lazar leather bucket bag

Coachella 2015 outfit, coachella denim shorts, coachella isabel marant

ACCESSORRIES: Sure, I've always believed accessories complete an outfit. But in this case a hat is not only a cute finishing touch but also a very practical addition to a look, especially if you hope to keep your hair from drying out in the blazing sun:) Seriously, I don't know what it is about Palm Springs but after a few days there my hair starts resembling a heap of straw, yet thanks hats, I was actually able to maintain a somewhat decent looking mane on our last few visit there. 

What about you guys, what are your festival staples/favorites? 

EXPRESS 2 Inch High Waisted Destroyed denim shorts, cold shoulder blouse, bottlecap belt & fedora hat | ISABEL MARANT Aleen Ankle boots { in brown here & here } | DYLANLEX jewelry | BOYY Lazar leather bucket bag 

No comments:

Post a Comment